The Z45 GEN:2 is available in canopy or cab configurations, allowing you to tailor the machine to meet your specific work environment.
- Large cab offers state-of-the-art controls, digital display and excellent visibility.
- Walk-through canopy for easy entry and exit.
- Optional cab enclosure with heat or heat/air-conditioning system provides protection in extreme weather conditions.
- Adjustable suspension seat and armrests provide personalized comfort.
- Excellent visibility in all directions allows safe and efficient operation. Rear mirror provides a view of the back and side of the machine for additional safety.
- Work lights and integrated boom light enhances the operator’s view after dark.
The controls on the Z45 GEN:2 compact excavator are ergonomically designed and easy to use.
- Digital Operator Interface shows real time system information, service reminders, and 90 days of operating history.
- Large travelling pedals are easy to press and allow confident, reliable work.
- Pilot operated joystick controls are operated by simple wrist movements, reducing fatigue during a long workday.
- One-way auxiliary functions can be controlled by a foot pedal or joystick buttons, allowing optimal control of high-flow attachments such as compactors or breakers.
- The operator can easily select from ISO or standard operating control patterns with the flip of a mechanical lever.
Rugged, high-strength boom incorporates features to protect and extend the life of moving parts and components.
- Precision welded boom is constructed with thick side plates that are reinforced by contoured transition plates.
- Heavy-duty sliding cylinder guards protect exposed cylinder rods from damage.
- Integrated boom light illuminates the work area and allows for safe and effective operation after dark.
- Reliable single pin boom mount design for optimal durability and component life.
The undercarriage of the Z45 GEN:2 compact excavator was designed with serviceability and longevity in mind.
- Staggered tread and mandrel design combined with shorter track pitch reduces vibration.
- Long tracks provide a smoother ride over rough terrain.
- Tracks are short-pitched to reduce wear, fatigue and damage.
- Angled crawler frame reduces soil buildup on the undercarriage, extending the life of rollers and tracks.
The Z45 GEN:2 compact excavator is built around a powerful, reliable emission-certified Tier IV Yanmar diesel engine.
- Yanmar Tier IV certified diesel engine with 37.7 hp provides excellent balance in power and fuel conservation.
- ECO Mode can be activated from the cab with a switch. When activated, the engine speed is reduced by 10%, reducing fuel consumption for lowered operating costs.
- Auto Deceleration lowers noise and emissions levels when the hydraulic movement has not occurred for more than four seconds. This increases fuel economy and lowers operating costs.
- Proven technology provides reliable operation and a fuel efficient system.
- Easy-starting, even in cold weather without the need for block heaters or starting fluid.
Model 4TNV88C-PBV Tier IV
Displacement (L) 133.6 cu.in. (2.19)
Net Power (kW) @ rpm 37.7 hp (28.1) @ 2400
Fuel Tank (L) 17.4 gal. (66)
Fuel Consumption (L/hr) 1.24 gal./hr. (4.7)
The advanced hydraulic system on the Z45 GEN:2 provides long-lasting, efficient power precisely when you need it.
- Standard auxiliary proportional hydraulics give the operator infinitely variable control of the hydraulic flow.
- Hydraulic system is designed to enhance engine performance, resulting in a more efficient system.
- Two variable pumps and two gear pumps combine oil and redirect the flow to where it is needed, allowing for simultaneous operation without loss of power.
- Smooth operation, even while using the boom and arm during turning.
- Auxiliary hydraulic valve, tubing and hoses with flat faced coupler connections are standard equipment.
- Two-way and one-way auxiliary flow valve with direct-to-tank bypass valve feature is standard equipment.
Pumps 2 variable, 2 gear
Total Flow Rate (L/min) 35.1 gpm (132.8)
Working Pressure (bar) 3,133 psi (216)
Swing System Pressure (bar) 3,133 psi (216)
Oil Cooler Standard
Hydraulic Tank (L) 10.0 gal. (38)
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their Z45 GEN:2 the most versatile machine on the job site.
D Compaction Plates
E Compaction Wheel
F Frost Ripper
H Pavement Removal Bucket
- Two large, rear doors open easily to expose the battery, engine oil, air filter and cooling system.
- The right-hand side cover is easily removed with just two bolts. Remove the top right hand side to easily clean behind the radiator.
- A cover on top of the unit on the right side allows access to the fuel supply and a handy tool storage tray.
- The access panel beneath the operator’s seat easily opens to reveal the starter motor, fuse panel, alternator and fan belt.