The Z80 GEN:2 comes with a fully enclosed cab as standard equipment providing ultimate in operator comfort.
- Standard cab enclosure with heat or heat/air-conditioning system provides protection in extreme weather conditions.
- Adjustable suspension seat and armrests provide personalized comfort.
- Excellent visibility in all directions allows safe and efficient operation. Rear mirror provides a view of the back and side of the machine for additional safety.
- Work lights and integrated boom light enhances the operator’s view after dark.
- The cab is mounted on five silicon oil filled iso-mounts, which reduce cab noise and vibration to the operator.
The controls on the Z80 GEN:2 are ergonomically designed and easy to use.
- Large travelling pedals are easy to press and allow confident, reliable work.
- Pilot operated joystick controls are operated by simple wrist movements, reducing fatigue during a long workday.
- One-way auxiliary functions can be controlled by joystick buttons, allowing optimal control of high-flow attachments such as compactors or breakers.
- The proportional control mechanism switch vastly enhances attachment performance, allowing the operator to set the flow for optimal attachment performance.
- The operator can easily select from ISO or standard operating control patterns with the flip of a mechanical lever.
Rugged, high-strength boom incorporates features to protect and extend the life of moving parts and components.
- Precision welded boom is constructed with thick side plates that are reinforced by contoured transition plates.
- Heavy-duty sliding cylinder guards protect exposed cylinder rods from damage.
- Integrated boom light illuminates the work area and allows for safe and effective operation after dark.
- Reliable single pin boom mount design for optimal durability and component life.
The undercarriage of the Z80 GEN:2 was designed with serviceability and longevity in mind.
- Staggered tread and mandrel design combined with shorter track pitch reduces vibration.
- Long tracks provide a smoother ride over rough terrain.
- Tracks are short-pitched to reduce wear, fatigue and damage.
- Angled crawler frame reduces soil buildup on the undercarriage, extending the life of rollers and tracks.
The Z80 GEN:2 is built around a powerful, reliable emission-certified Yanmar diesel engine.
- Proven technology provides reliable operation and a fuel efficient system.
- ECO mode reduces engine RPM by 10% without sacrificing power when activated, saving fuel when full speed is not necessary.
- Easy-starting, even in cold weather without the need for block heaters or starting fluid.
- Auto deceleration improves fuel economy and lowers noise and emissions levels when activated by reducing engine speed to idle after four seconds without hydraulic movement.
Model 4TNV98C-WBV Tier IV
Displacement (L) 202.5 cu.in. (3.32)
Net Power (kW) @ rpm 55.7 hp (41.5) @ 2000
Fuel Tank (L) 30.4 gal. (115)
Fuel Consumption (L/hr) 1.9 gal./hr. (7.2)
The advanced hydraulic system on the Z80 GEN:2 Compact Excavator provides long-lasting, efficient power precisely when you need it.
- Hydraulic system is designed to enhance engine performance, resulting in a more efficient system.
- Two variable pumps and two gear pumps combine oil and redirect the flow to where it is needed, allowing for simultaneous operation without loss of power.
- Smooth operation, even while using the boom and arm during turning.
- Auxiliary hydraulic valve, tubing and hoses with flat faced coupler connections are standard equipment.
- Two-way and one-way auxiliary flow valve with direct-to-tank bypass valve feature is standard equipment.
Pumps 2 variable, 2 gear
Total Flow Rate (L/min) 56.7 gpm (214.5)
Working Pressure (bar) 3,699 psi (255)
Swing System Pressure (bar) 3,481 psi (240)
Oil Cooler Standard
Hydraulic Tank (L) 15.9 gal. (60)
A full line of Edge attachments and accessories are designed specifically to fill operators’ needs, making their Z80 GEN:2 the most versatile machine on the job site.
Pavement Removal Bucket
The large, rear hood opens easily without tools for access to the engine for daily maintenance checks and the air cleaner.
- The right-hand side cover opens without tools to reveal the battery and allow access to clean the radiator.
- The fan belt and air conditioning belt are easily accessed through the center front cover to the right of the cab.
- Hydraulic oil-lubricated reduction gears in the travel motor are maintenance free.
- The fuse panel can be accessed through the access panel beneath the operators seat.