22' 2" - 47' 2"
13' 8" - 18' 6"
20" or 22"
Achieve Optimal Field Conditions
Our vertical tillage lineup is built on proven Agronomic Design™ principles with industry-exclusive blades. The True-Tandem 335VT and 335 Barracuda vertical tillage tools help you cover more ground in less time so your fields are ready to go when your planting window approaches.Ideal for mixed farms and small- to midsized grain operations, the VT-Flex™ 435 vertical tillage tool offers simple variable gang angle adjustments — from effectively sizing residue and preserving soils to mixing the most stubborn crop residue.Click here to learn more about the VT-Flex 435 vertical tillage tool
New for 2022
Introducing the VT-Flex™ 435 Vertical Tillage Tool
Spring or fall, match your soil management needs with the VT-Flex™ 435 vertical tillage tool. Effective field preparation is made easy with fast on-the-go gang angle adjustments ̶ from 0 to 12 degrees ̶ to match your desired field finish.
Learn more about the VT-Flex™ 435 vertical tillage tool.
Low-Maintenance Frame Engineered to Last
Our industry-leading vertical tillage technology enhances operator control, reduces maintenance and extends component life. The True-Tandem symetrical frame design provides uniform pulling pressures, improved balance and stability, and keeps you in the field longer.
- Learn More
- Wheels & Tires
- Increased length over competitive equipment improves for and aft leveling and overall balance
- Mirror-matched gangs and a rugged, low-maintenance pull-through frame eliminate drift and accommodate higher ground speeds.
- Designed with gusset plates to maximize strength and stress distribution.
- Delivers more uniform weight per blade.
- Overlapping weld design and welded cylinders improved durability while reducing maintenance and the chance of damaging the hydraulic hoses.
- Greaseless bearings reduce routine maintenance.
- The Class 3 powder coat paint finish retains color longer and is more scratch resistant.
- LED lights are brighter and longer lasting than incandescent lamps.
Our IF 210/75R15 Radial gauge wheels feature an adjustable one-way-pivot design
Better Stability and Leveling
Stabilizer wheels are bolted directly to the frame for less wobble and operators can easily set the gauge wheels for wing leveling with no wrenches
Large, stubble-resistant tires reduce compaction in your fields
Standard walking-tandem design offers balance and stability, resulting in a more
Front T-Bone Hitch/Pull Frame:
Engineered to maximize rear tractor tire clearance during tight turns, this spring cushioned hitch features the “perfect hitch” clevis for tractor pin compatibility and extra safety during hook-up.
Swivel Hose Stand
Mounted on the pull hitch, it keeps hoses and wires our of the way during hook-up and transport.
This optional feature allows for pull-type attachments for additional soil conditioning. With a vertical capacity of 1,000 pounds, this hitch is equipped with a 9-pin electronic connector for lighting and one set of hydraulic couplers.
Leveling & Depth Control
Level The Growing Field
Engage soil to your intended depth, without disrupting soil density below the seedbed.
Single-Point Hydraulic Depth ControlEasily adjust operating depth with a single hand crank, conveniently located at the front of the machine to meet your needs.
Fore and Aft LevelingAdjust levelness from the cab using hydraulics and view the gauge from the cab to easily return to your pre-adjusted position.
Earth Metal Blades
Keep Your Edge With Earth Metal Blades
Stronger than ordinary carbon steel blades, our industry-exclusive Earth Metal blades help you cover rocky terrain and uneven ground in confidence — even at high speeds. Crimped center disk blades provide a tighter fit with cast iron nodular spools and add strength to the center of the blade. Perfect for no-till and minimum-till environments, these blades penetrate hard soils to help you break through surface compaction.
- True-Tandem 335 VT features 20-inch blades.
- Get reduced compaction compared to conventional blades as each blade runs on its edge and causes soil to level without back pressure.
- Our Robo-Sharpener™ is specifically designed to recondition and sharpen unique Earth Metal VT Wave blades.
Longer Edge Life VT Wave Blade
- 20-inch blades with longer edge life are 5 mm thick and available in single-fold machines.
- Same agronomic benefits as the VT Wave Blade, but this blade stays sharper for multiple seasons allowing for reduced maintenance.
- Ideal for land without rocks.
- True-Tandem 335 Barracuda features 22-inch serrated blades that provide up to 4 inches of additional dept in one pass and capable of running at 6-9 mph.
- The chisel-tip blade serrations provide longer sharpness as the valley between each blade stays sharp, even when the chisel-tipped teeth wear, allowing for greater productivity and optimal performance.
A Dynamic Duo for a Superior Finish
The 18-degree gang angle paired with each blade’s concavity and crimped center results in even cutting and mixing action for a superior finish. Front gang blades and rear gang blades are precisely indexed to one another, providing an even surface finish and a more even sub-surface floor than any other vertical tillage tool and high-speed disk
Disk Gang Scraper
- The U-shaped scraper design decreases the likelihood of bending when engaged with rocks and debris.
- Extremely versatile from dry to wet conditions
- Round, 1 ½ inch arbor bolts feature a single tightening nut
- Holds torque more consistently than bolts with nuts on either end
Nodular Cast-Iron Spools
- Stronger than gray cast-iron or steel-fabricated spools
- Spools withstand shock loads, providing the weight necessary to cut residue and penetrate hard soil.
Cushion Gang Bearing
- Equipped with standard cushion C-springs to help absorb the shock load when blades hit an obstruction.
Put the Finishing Touches on Your Seedbed
The patented TigerPaw™ Crumbler® produces more uniform clod sizing and residue distribution in order to reach seedbed perfection. Made of high-strength steel, the twisted design limits excessive penetration into the soil. Also, the unique design of the Crumbler ensures each bar is rifled to maintain constant down pressure, while hydraulic cylinders provide easy adjustability and settings to match any field condition.A 3-bar Coil Tine Harrow is also available for rice producing areas where high quantities of heavy, thick residue are common.
Optimize Every Pass with AFS Soil Command™
In any condition, Case IH AFS Soil Command™ tillage technology adds site-specific precision to soil management. Now you can maximize environmental, economic and agronomic performance with total implement control, as-tilled mapping and the ability to create and execute soil management prescriptions.
Learn More About AFS Soil Command™
- Precisely coordinate every component of your True-Tandem vertical tillage tool to optimize all machine settings as field conditions change.
- When the disk frame depth is adjusted, all other functions of the machine — such as Crumbler pressure, and fore and aft levelness — react to remain optimized for agronomic performance.
- Be confident the tillage tool is set for optimal performance, no matter the operator.
- Prescription technology takes the same variable rate approach you use for seed and fertilizer rates with site-specific tillage and zone management.
- When running through highly erodible zones, prescription technology lets you run at deeper depths to manage heavy residue cover, and as shallow as 0 inches in areas you need to preserve.
- Zone-managed tillage allows you to farm for all conditions, and makes every inch of the field an optimal environment for plants.
Efficient Soil Management
- Proven AFS technology and tillage prescriptions allow the farm manager to control exactly how and where a field is treated and prepared.
- Increase productivity and cover more acres with the ability to vary and increase speed as conditions allow.
- Agronomically correct field preparation creates an optimal seedbed to maximize planting and seeding productivity.
True-Tandem Vertical Tillage Lineup
Choose From Two Rugged Models and Three Blade Options
True-Tandem 335VTWhether slicing through tough residue or uprooting root balls, the True-Tandem 335VT vertical tillage tool helps you level the soil to create the optimal seedbed for the next growing season. Two Earth Metal® 20-inch VT Wave Blade options — including a new longer-edge-life, 20-inch, 5 mm thick blade option — are right-sized to penetrate hard soils and break through surface compaction and properly mix residue and nutrients.
True-Tandem 335 BarracudaSetting a new standard for aggressive crop residue and soil management, the True-Tandem 335 Barracuda effectively sizes and incorporates even the most stubborn crop residue to leave behind a blacker surface finish than other vertical tillage tools. Its rugged design is built for reliability at high speeds and the aggressive 22-inch serrated blades cut residue up to 4 inches deep to break up hard, dry soils for increased nutrient cycling.
Need Help Choosing a True-Tandem?
With so many options today, it's crucial to understand how each product may respond in your conditions. Learn more about how the True-Tandem family of disk harrows and vertical tillers compares to each other in similar, heavy residue conditions.
- Working Widths: 22 ft 2 in (6.8 m) - 47 ft 2 in (14.4 m)
- Transport Widths: 14 ft 6 in (4.42 m) - 18 ft 6 in (5.64 m)
- Blade Type: Earth Metal VT Wave Blade
- Blade Size: 20 in (508 mm)
- Blades Spacing: 7.5 in (191 mm)
- Power: 7-11 hp/ft
- Hydraulics: 4 remotes