Case IH LB334XL Large Square Baler
Achieve High-Efficiency Hay
Automatic and Uniform
- Fully automatic
- Reduces loading time by up to 50%
- Holds three to five bales
- Dumps uniform, pickup-ready bales
- Works on a variety of bale lengths and conditions
Available in vertical and horizontal stacking models
- AC3108: standard horizontal three-bale accumulator for 3x3 bales
- AC4108: standard horizontal three-bale accumulator for 4x3 bales
- AC5150: horizontal five-bale accumulator for 4x3 bales
- VS1208: vertical three-bale accumulator for 4x3 bales
New for Model Year 2020
The new design allows for up to 30% increased knot strength. Bale density may be increased using the same twine or current bale density maintained using lower strength twine.
Improved Forage Quality
The knot looping process eliminates offcuts, which prevents twine pieces contaminating feed and reduces environmental impact.
Advanced Baling Technology
Feedrate Control enables the baler to run at optimal performance by controlling the speed of the tractor. Using Feedrate Control, the baler controls the tractor’s forward speed through ISOBUS Class 3 commands, maintaining desired capacity by using a charge sensor. The system then calculates the best speed based on the information received from the sensors.
Charge Control automatically adjusts the tractor's speed to reach optimal capacity inside the baler. This results in a higher feedrate throughput by up to 9 percent overall. Available on LB334R, LB434R and LB434R XL rotor cutter configurations.
Slice Control automatically adjusts the tractor's speed based on bale slice thickness. This allows the operator to predetermine the number of slices per bale to create more consistency. Available on all configurations of LB4 models.
More Style. More Substance.
The LB4 series large square baler isn’t just another pretty piece of equipment: it is designed from the ground up for long life and superior performance. On the outside, the unique curved shape allows it to shed crop debris. The baler width has been reduced by 2 feet to improve visibility to the rear and sides of the baler and takes up less space on the road and in the shed. Composite side panels are lighter, rust proof and fade resistant. And underneath that curvy red exterior is an amazing workhorse that has more capacity than its forerunners.
- Three stage opening assembly: easy ground level access to key service points and full visibility of gearbox for routine checks
- Ground level flywheel brake lever has to be in place before you can raise the shield
- New styling includes a newly designed service platform. Which features one level for easy access to key bale chamber service points and knotters
- The foldable ladder provides quick access to the platform and stores easily without being an obstacle.
- Narrow sleek design of the LB4 series balers increases operator visibility to the rear and sides of the baler for increased operator efficiency
- Curved shape allows for crop debris to fall off baler for less ingress of debris into knotter assembly and twine storage areas resulting in less operator maintenance and increased performance
One Piece Design
- One piece twine box panels utilize durable thermoform technology
- Composite shields: a one piece design with automotive seals for minimal debris in twine box and provides easy maintenance and less ingress of debris into twine and knotters
- Front gearbox shield: a composite shield using rotomold technology for lighter weight and durability.
- Choose from either a Single Piece Roller Chute or Two Piece Roller Chute
- Same proven design
- Upgraded primary and secondary drivelines offering increased capacity
- Three-joint design and angle input shaft reinforced reducing vibrations resulting in better reliability and longer life
Higher Efficiency Flywheel
- Larger diameter high-inertia flywheel resulting in 48% more energy, smoother operation and increased fuel efficiency.
- Heavier duty components inside the gearbox provides durability and an increased strokes per minute from 42 to 48 as well as giving 20% more capacity
- Larger tire options provide improved flotation and a lighter footprint
- Choice of three axle configurations: Single, Steered Tandem and Large Steered Tandem
Pack it in. And Stack 'em High.
Match your baler to your tractor and then match your bales to your feed, shipping and storage needs. Case IH LB4 series large square balers form bales that stack perfectly and are denser, thanks to things like left and right steering sensors that you can observe through your AFS Pro 700 display and quickly and easily adjust for perfect bale formation. In addition, a removable floor liner adjusts to different crop types. Adjust to your specifications, whether you’re baling for your own livestock or running a commercial hay operation.
- Suspended roller wind guard with feed-assist roller to efficiently move your crop into the pre-chamber.
- Channel Opening is matched to the width of the bale chamber, cutter and pre-compression chamber widths match also.
- Results: better capacity, more efficiency and, ultimately, better bale quality
- Heavy duty pickup reel handles varied crop types including corn stalks and other tough stubble.
The Perfect Finish
- Reduce the risk of twine breakage with drive shaft-driven double knotters
- Increase daily output of dense bales that can stand up to rough handling
- Our best-in-class double knotters have new improved shielding: repositioned fans to keep them clean as well as providing protection and efficient operations
- Reaching the preset bale length engages the knotter system
- Twine moves around the bale as it is formed eliminating stress on knotter components and providing greater reliability to the system and tying cycles
- Dual bale chamber ejector tines offer complete bale clearance and works independently to remove the rearmost bale
Extras that Help you go the Extra Mile
- Each twine box easily flips up to provide additional clearance for clean out or maintenance
- Twine storage with 16 balls on each side
- The easy-thread system allows you to keep baling when the conditions are right.
- Case IH ThirtyPlus™ liquid preservative
- Bales at a higher moisture content without worrying about heating or mold damage resulting in higher-feed-value bales
- For maximum flexibility and bale density, add an optional Case IH rotor cutter
- This system uses a large rotor to feed crop from the pickup through a row of spring-protected knives before entering the compression chamber.
Don't Let the Sunset Stop Your Productivity
- Newly designed oval lights
- Repositioned for greater visibility and come standard on all models
- Lights can be controlled from the comfort of your cab through the monitor soft key
- An optional service light package is available to provide optimal brightness for working at night
- LED light bars are mounted in the twine boxes, knotter box, pickup and stuffer areas for working at night
|Make||Case IH||Case IH||Case IH|
|Model||LB334XL Standard (2018-Present)||LB334XL Packer Cutter (2018-Present)||LB334XL Rotor Cutter (2018-Present)|
|Bale width, in (mm)||31.5 (800)||31.5 (800)||31.5 (800)|
|Bale height, in (mm)||35.4 (900)||35.4 (900)||35.4 (900)|
|Bale length, maximum, in (mm)||108 (2743) std.; 118 (3000) opt.||108 (2743) std.; 118 (3000) opt.||108 (2743) std.; 118 (3000) opt.|
|Pickup working width, in (mm)||77.5 (1968)||77.5 (1968)||77.5 (1968)|
|Outer tine-to-tine width, in (mm)||70.2 (1782)||70.2 (1782)||70.9 (1800)|
|Number of tines||56 double (112)||56 double (112)||56 double (112)|
|Tine spacing, in (mm)||2.6 (66)||2.6 (66)||2.6 (66)|
|Number of tine bars or tine rows||4||4||4|
|Gauge wheel size||Two 15x6.00-6 4PR; caster opt.||Two 15x6.00-6 4PR; caster opt.||Two 15x6.00-6 4PR; caster opt.|
|Cutter knives||No; see Packer Cutter or CropCutter||6||9 or 19 knives, 38 rotor teeth|
|Feeder Description||2 packer forks, 6 single tines||3 packer forks, 6 double tines||Rotor width 31.5" (800 mm), "W" tine pattern|
|Stuffer Description||Fork type with 4 tines||Fork type with 6 tines||Fork type with 4 tines|
|Plunger speed, Strokes/minute||48||48||48|
|Plunger stroke, in (mm)||28 (710)||28 (710)||28 (710)|
|Drive protection||Shearbolt, overrunning clutch & slip clutch||Shearbolt, overrunning clutch & slip clutch||Shearbolt, overrunning clutch & slip clutch|
|Knotter Type||Double knot||Double knot||Double knot|
|Number of knotters||4||4||4|
|Twine ball storage, quantity||32||32||32|
|Controls, Indicators and Monitors|
|Bale density control||Monitor controlled; manual override std.||Monitor controlled; manual override std.||Monitor controlled; manual override std.|
|Bale weighing system||Factory fitted option||Factory fitted option||Factory fitted option|
|Baler Monitor with screen (non-ISOBUS)||AFS Pro 300 or Pro 700 for non-ISO tractor||AFS Pro 300 or Pro 700 for non-ISO tractor||AFS Pro 300 or Pro 700 for non-ISO tractor|
|ISOBUS compatibility||ISOBUS Class 3 capability||ISOBUS Class 3 capability||ISOBUS Class 3 capability|
|Tire size, Single axle||600/55-22.5 or 700/40-22.5||600/55-22.5 or 700/40-22.5||600/55-22.5 or 700/40-22.5|
|Tire size, Tandem Axle||500/50-17 or 550/45 R22.5||500/50-17 or 550/45 R22.5||500/50-17 or 620/50 R22.5|
|Length w/bale chute extended, in (mm)||np||np||np|
|Length w/bale chute folded, in (mm)||325.2 (8259)||325.2 (8259)||327.4 (8315)|
|Baler width, in (mm)||94.4 to 102.5 (2398 to 2604)||94.4 to 102.5 (2398 to 2604)||94.4 to 102.5 (2398 to 2604)|
|Height, single axle, in (mm)||123.3 (3133)||123.3 (3133)||126.9 (3223)|
|Height, tandem axle, in (mm)||123.3 (3133)||123.3 (3133)||126.9 (3223)|
|Weight, empty, w/bale ejector & chute|
|Weight, single axle, lbs (kg)||np||np||np|
|Weight, tandem axle, lbs (kg)||np||np||np|
|Tractor Power, hp (kW)||109 (81)||116 (87)||136 (101)|
|PTO Speed, rpm||1000||1000||1000|
|Number of remote hydraulic valves||2||3||3|