Gehl RS8-44 GEN:3
The model RS8-44 GEN:3 is built with high quality components, which provides the performance to get the job done.
- Boom tip lift hook option is now available as a factory-installed option or field installed option.
- Proven welded box-section telescopic boom design maximizes material lift and placement.
- Cylinder design provides one of the fastest cycle times in the industry.
- Frame leveling feature adjusts 10-degrees to the left and right, for level performance on uneven terrain.
- Internal wet disc brakes provide excellent braking and long life.
- Dual-element air filter protects the engine from airborne contaminants, increasing engine performance and longevity.
The RS8-44 GEN:3 Telescopic Handler features spacious, durable operator stations to maximize comfort and productivity.
- 44 cubic-foot cab enclosure provides optimal leg room and a spacious operating environment.
- ROPS/FOPS canopy is standard equipment; ROPS/FOPS enclosed cab is optional.
- Virtually 360-degree visibility increases safety and operating accuracy.
- Deluxe high-back seat maximizes operator comfort. Adjustable suspension seat is optional.
- Side and rear glass is standard equipment.
Three steering modes – 4-wheel, 2-wheel and crab – enhance maneuverability and are easily changed by the flip of a switch.
- In 4-wheel steer, the machine has a 13' 8" turning radius for machine positioning on tight job sites
|Turning Radius (m)||13'8" (4.2)|
The RS8-44 GEN:3 Telescopic Handlers provides the power to get work done effectively and efficiently.
- Dana three-speed power-shift transmission is easy to operate.
- Limited-slip differential in the front axle provides additional traction in muddy and unimproved surfaces.
|Model||QSF 3.8 Tier IV|
|Power (kW)||120 hp (89)|
|Maximum Travel Speed (km/hr)||19.6 mph (31.5)|
|Rated Speed||2,500 rpm|
The model RS8-44 GEN:3 has outstanding hydraulic system and control performance.
- Dual-function, pilot-assisted joystick is standard equipment.
- Optional tri-function, pilot-assisted joystick allows the operator to set fork tilt and auxiliary function speeds.
- Auto-leveling feature keeps loads level when raising/lowering the boom.
|Total Capacity (L/min)||41.5 gpm (157)|
|System Pressure (bar)||3,000 psi (207)|
|Hydraulic Reservoir Capacity (L)||45 gal. (170)|
There is a tool for every job, and the RS8-44 GEN:3 can power them all. Dynattach® Quick-Attach system allows quick attachment changes with unsurpassed ease.
|A||Carriages – Masonry, framing and standard carriages available in different widths.|
|B||Rotating Carriage – 48” (1219 mm) and 66” (1676 mm) wide.|
|C||Fork Shift - 50" (1270 mm) wide.|
|D||Personnel Work Platforms - 48” x 50” x 114” (1219 mm x 1270 mm x 2895 mm) platform.|
|E||Swing Carriage – 90° and 180° swing.|
|F||Log and Pipe Grapple.|
|G||Jib Boom - 5' (1.5 m) with winch and 60' (18.3 m) cable.|
|H||Truss Boom - 15' (4.5 m) with optional winch.|
Boom Tip Lift Hook
- This factory-installed option provides a secure lifting point for transporting suspended loads without the use of an additional attachment.
- The lift capacity remains the same as a standard carriage, while the quick attachment point increases versatility and reduces downtime.
Plenty of access points and over-sized covers make service and maintenance on the RS8-44 GEN:3 quick and efficient.
- Over-sized front cover provides easy access to the hydraulic reservoir and hydraulic pressure ports for service and testing.
- Side-mounted fuel tank with battery access and an additional storage compartment.
- Lockable rear-side covers located on both sides of the machine slide out of the way to expose the engine for service.
- Shorter hoses from main valve to boom provide neat hose routing, enhancing serviceability.
|Lift Capacity||8,000 lbs.|
|Maximum Lift Height||44'0"|
|Capacity at Maximum Lift Height||7,000 lbs.|
|Maximum Forward Reach||30'5"|
|Capacity at Maximum Forward Reach||1,000 lbs.|
|Maximum Reach Below Grade||16"|
|Model||QSF 3.8 Tier IV|
|Rated Speed||2500 rpm|
|Transmission||Dana 3-speed Powershift|
|Maximum Travel Speed||19.6 mph|
|Brakes||4-Wheel Hydraulically Actuated Internal Wet-Disc Brake|
|Parking Brake||Spring-Applied, Hydraulic Release (SAHR) on Front Axle|
|Total Capacity||41.5 gpm|
|System Pressure||3000 psi|
|Hydraulic Reservoir Capacity||45 gal.|
|Approximate Weight||23,500 lbs.|
|Length - Less Forks||19'10"|
|Fuel Capacity||47 gal.|
|Tire Options||13.00 x 24/12 PR
13.00 x 24/12 PR Foam-Filled
13.00 x 24/12 PR - Rock
13.00 x 24 Solid Rubber